Operations, Accounting Services, Analyst - Singapore
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Are you passionate about operations, risk management, process improvements and working with global teams within a fast paced investment bank? We are looking for a professional who wants to maximize their skillsets and expertise in accounts payables, vendor and expense management to help deliver on operations agenda. A successful candidate in Goldman Sachs' Operations is someone who is curious, energetic, proactive and strives to constantly bring in positive impacts to the team and the broader organization.
Accounting Services Division (ASD) is part of the Operations division of Goldman Sachs based at 3 offices across the globe (Singapore, Bengaluru and Dallas). The core functions of ASD are;
1) Accounts Payable - the processing and control of the payments to vendors/service providers the firm engages to run the businesses
2) Expense management - the settlement of employees' travel and entertainment expenses
We interact with the stakeholders from all the divisions in the firm and work effectively with our partner companies who support the operational processes/employee's expense programs. Current key focus in ASD is transforming the traditional manual processing to automated, scalable and self-service workflow in order to manage risks effectively and bring in commercial values to the firm.
In Singapore ASD, we interact with local vendors/banks in markets such as Japan, China, Korea etc where the local language capability is required to perform the functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Manage payments to vendors/service providers for Asia entities - vender profile set up and invoice processing in PeopleSoft Accounts Payable system
- Manage the Travel and Entertainment expenses for Asia offices on an accurate and timely basis in accordance with firm policies.
- Acquire in depth understanding of the regulations, tax handling and accounting controls in multiple jurisdictions in Asia associated with vendor/expense payments
- Understand and adhere the firm's policies on vendor governance, payment management and documentations.
- Review and maintain operational procedures in compliance with the Firm's Bank Holding Company requirements
- Exception management - Work with internal business units and external vendors to resolve any payment issues/queries.
- Risk Management - Continuously re-evaluate process controls and balance the risk versus benefits to protect the firm. Recommend and implement corrective & preventive actions for identified errors and issues
- Conduct data analysis to identify the trend/root cases in order to effectively engage the stakeholders to address problems and opportunities for improvements
- Participate/take leads in local and global projects for system/process enhancements
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Fluency in Japanese for business context (reading, writing and spoken)
- Effective team-player with ability to impact and influence across organization and levels
- Good organization and multi-tasking skills, ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication, problem solving skills and focus towards attention to details
- Committed, driven and self-motivated individual who constantly aim to improve the processes and enhance controls.
- Knowledge and experience in Accounts Payable, Vendor management and Invoice processing.
- Knowledge of accounting / finance and related controls, with an enthusiasm to expand into other areas
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top