Operational Risk, Risk Assessment PMO, Analyst/Associate
Operational Risk Management and Analysis – Risk Assessment PMO
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risk across the firm.
The Risk Assessment Analyst / Associate will engage stakeholders across multiple locations to establish and maintain a firmwide operational risk assessment program.
- Project management of the implementation of enhancements to the risk assessment program
- Facilitating the risk assessment process, including: establishing and communicating risk assessment timelines, tracking and escalating completion status, providing status reporting, providing guidance on how assessments should be completed
- Working with the systems project manager and business analysts to ensure the risk assessment application reflects the methodology, is fit for purpose and user friendly
- Providing training and functional support across a range of departments on the risk assessment methodology and use of the risk assessment application e.g. answering questions on how to complete or make changes to the risk assessments
- Working with the metrics team to design, enhance or modify reports on the assessment outputs
- Analyse the risk assessment data to draw conclusions on the risk assessment profile of the entity and group
- Providing risk assessment metrics and reporting to senior management and governance committees. The reporting will include: completion status of the assessments, trending and analysis of the output from the risk assessments, changes to the risk assessment profile at an entity or group level
- Proactively thinking about changes in the business, how these impact the existing risk assessment program and working with the Operational Risk Analysts to facilitate the assessment changes
- Remaining current on business, regulatory and industry changes that may impact the business and the associated assessments
- Minimum of 4+ years' experience within operational risk (product knowledge across investment banking business areas is an advantage)
- Strong organizational skills – able to ensure delivery against set timelines
- Strong project management skills with experience of working in an environment of constant and rapid change
- An understanding of risk and control assessment methodology
- Strong attention to detail and excellent data analysis skills
- Proven stakeholder management experience, working across multiple locations and jurisdictions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious and seeks to understand the different areas of the firm
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a strong delivery focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – able to present to senior stakeholders with impact and influence
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements under the Basel framework
- Possess a Bachelor degree
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top