Operational Risk, Risk Assessment PMO, Analyst/Associate
Operational Risk Management and Analysis – Risk Assessment PMO
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client’s interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risk across the firm.
The Risk Assessment Analyst / Associate will engage stakeholders across multiple locations to establish and maintain a firmwide operational risk assessment program.
- Project management of the implementation of enhancements to the risk assessment program
- Facilitating the risk assessment process, including: establishing and communicating risk assessment timelines, tracking and escalating completion status, providing status reporting, providing guidance on how assessments should be completed
- Working with the systems project manager and business analysts to ensure the risk assessment application reflects the methodology, is fit for purpose and user friendly
- Providing training and functional support across a range of departments on the risk assessment methodology and use of the risk assessment application e.g. answering questions on how to complete or make changes to the risk assessments
- Working with the metrics team to design, enhance or modify reports on the assessment outputs
- Analyse the risk assessment data to draw conclusions on the risk assessment profile of the entity and group
- Providing risk assessment metrics and reporting to senior management and governance committees. The reporting will include: completion status of the assessments, trending and analysis of the output from the risk assessments, changes to the risk assessment profile at an entity or group level
- Proactively thinking about changes in the business, how these impact the existing risk assessment program and working with the Operational Risk Analysts to facilitate the assessment changes
- Remaining current on business, regulatory and industry changes that may impact the business and the associated assessments
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience within operational risk (product knowledge across investment banking business areas is an advantage)
- Strong organizational skills – able to ensure delivery against set timelines
- Strong project management skills with experience of working in an environment of constant and rapid change
- An understanding of risk and control assessment methodology
- Strong attention to detail and excellent data analysis skills
- Proven stakeholder management experience, working across multiple locations and jurisdictions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious and seeks to understand the different areas of the firm
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a strong delivery focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – able to present to senior stakeholders with impact and influence
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements under the Basel framework
- Possess a Bachelor degree
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top