Operational Risk, Legal/Compliance Operational Risk Analyst, Vice President
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment
management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that
includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing,
and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and holding to our core values which always place our client’s interests first.
These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for
developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risk across the firm.
In an Operational Risk Analyst (ORA) role, the ORA ‘covers’ a specific division (or divisions) to implement the firmwide operational risk framework. The framework includes:
- internal and external operational risk event review and analysis
- conducting scenario analysis (hypothetical tail risk) for operational risk capital calculation purposes
- facilitating the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
An ORA is required to have subject matter expertise in the division of coverage such that they understand the operational risk inherent to the division(s) and can effectively challenge the division at senior levels in its assessment of operational risk. We are looking for an ORA to cover the Legal and Compliance divisions. The ideal candidate will have practiced law in the financial services industry. The candidate should have practical legal experience in capital markets, investment banking and investment management.
Preferred QualificationsThis role requires an energetic self-starter who can liaise with business and federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience in businesses, products and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Legal and Compliance divisional responsibilities within an investment bank / broker-
- Strong technical and quantitative aptitude to be able to understand and determine quantification of operational risks, ideally
exposure to creating and understanding financial models.
- Risk management and control mind-set.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – able to present with impact and influence
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, work independently and proactively, proven track record of delivery
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail required
- Team oriented
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top