Operational Risk, IMD Operational Risk Analyst - Analyst/Associate
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing, and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client’s interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor and operational risk across the firm.
The Operational Risk Analyst (ORA) role is for a professional with deep subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm’s operational risk management framework. The ORA continuously identifies, monitors,
measures and assess levels of risk for existing/new processes within a business line.
- Identify new or emerging risks to which the business is exposed
- Conducting scenario analysis, developing and maintaining a library of case studies
- Facilitation of operational risk event collection, enrichment of event data, perform detailed reviews of events, tracking of remediation, conduct trend analysis
- Contributing to stress testing and operational risk capital work as needed
- New Activity memos review – to ensure operational risks arising from new products and/or business, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Exercising credible and effective challenge as a second line of defense, strengthening the risk framework and its individual components
- Remain current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business
- Conduct business training and raise awareness of the operational risk framework, their roles and responsibilities
- Respond to client inquiries about operational risk
- Contribute to the advancement of Operational Risk Methods and Practices and the operational risk management framework
- Identify, maintain and analyze risk measures
- Establishment and maintenance of a qualitative/quantitative business level operational risk appetite/tolerance with associated metrics, monitoring, triggers, escalation and mitigating actions
- Contribute to developing the firm’s operational risk framework including the design and project management for strategic platform enhancements
Basic QualificationsThis role requires an energetic self-starter that can liaise with various business and federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience and prudent knowledge in the firm’s business flows, products and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills for this role.
- Strong financial product and business acumen
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – able to present with impact and influence
- Self starter, work independently and proactively, proven track record of delivery
- Strong organizational skills (project management experience a plus)
- Attention to detail required
- Team oriented
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic
Preferred Qualifications• Product Knowledge – An awareness of fiduciary business responsibilities and activities, includes activities of an asset manager or private wealth manager would be beneficial
- Functional Expertise – Keeps current with emerging business, economic and market trends
- Technical Skills – Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation – Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus – Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations. Known as a trusted advisor and can maintain/handle
- Teamwork – Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others’ contributions
- Communication Skills – Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgment and Problem solving – Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation – Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes – Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others’ opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top