Operational Risk, eTrading Operational Risk Analyst, Associate/ Vice President
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing, and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risk across the firm. The Operational Risk Analyst (ORA) role is for a professional with deep subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm's operational risk management framework.
The Electronic Trading ORA is expected to contribute to:
- Administration of the Governance Framework for Electronic Trading Operational Risk across the Firm
- Oversight and challenge of risk management in the first line business and technology organizations
- Develop models to quantify risk associated with specific systems and/or trade flows
- Analyze operational risk data (typically Incident Data, loss events, metrics or assessment results) to identify areas of excessive risk
- Investigate what is causing control metrics to deviate from trend and escalate situations that pose excessive risk
- Identify root causes of major internal or external trading losses and ensuring similar businesses around the world are aware of the risks and recommendations
- Conduct scenario analysis and development of case studies to quantify and measure operational risks
- New activity memos review – to ensure operational risks arising from new products, activity, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Facilitate operational risk event collection, perform detailed reviews of events, track remediation, conduct trend analysis and reporting
- Exercise credible and effective challenges as a second line of defense
- Work with senior stakeholders within the business and federation divisions, strengthening and developing the risk framework and its individual components
- Remain current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business, identify new or emerging risks to which the business is exposed
- Contribute to operational risk capital determination and stress testing
- Identify, monitor and analyze risk measures
- Contribute to the advancement of operational risk methods and practices and the operational risk management framework
Preferred QualificationsThis role requires an energetic self-starter who can liaise with senior business and federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience across the Electronic Trading realms together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong product knowledge of electronic trading and understanding of trading flows
- Exposure to execution algorithms- either as a trader, business manager or technologist
- A current understanding of Electronic Trading regulatory frameworks and familiarity of regulatory agencies and applicable regulations
- Practical experience in data analysis
- Risk and control management mind-set
- Project/Program Management background with a successful track record of delivering & maintaining effective solutions
- Able to interact up and down the management hierarchy
- Able to engage with the business and technology to drive clarity, compromise and conclusions
- Drive and determination – high energy level, but dispassionate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations with impact and influence
- Can communicate complex ideas simply and compellingly
- Self-starter who can work independently and proactively with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical and quantitative aptitude to be able to understand and determine quantification of operational risks, ideally exposure to creating and understanding financial models.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top