Operational Risk, Corporate Operational Risk Analyst – Legal/Compliance, Vice President
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment
management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that
includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing,
and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and holding to our core values which always place our client’s interests first.
These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for
developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risk across the firm.
The Operational Risk Analyst (ORA) role is for a professional with deep subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm’s operational risk management framework.
- Identify and analyze risk in the Legal and Compliance Divisions through the operational risk (Basel) lens
- Coordinate development and execution of case studies to quantify and measure operational risk specific to the Legal and Compliance Divisions
- Contribute to collection and analysis of operational risk events for analysis and reporting
- Build and strengthen relationships with key, senior divisional stakeholders for the successful implementation of the operational risk
- Remain current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes with respect to Legal and Compliance operational risk; identify new or emerging risks to which the Legal and Compliance Divisions and firm are exposed
- New activity memos review – to ensure operational risks arising from new products, activity, migrations, etc. are properly
- Exercise credible and effective challenge as a second line of defense
- Contribute to operational risk capital determination and stress testing
- Conduct training and raise awareness of the operational risk framework
- Contribute to the advancement of operational risk methods and practices and the operational risk management framework
Preferred QualificationsThis role requires an energetic self-starter who can liaise with business and federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid
experience in businesses, products and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Legal and Compliance divisional responsibilities within an investment bank / broker-dealer
- Strong technical and quantitative aptitude to be able to understand and determine quantification of operational risks, ideally
exposure to creating and understanding financial models.
- Risk management and control mind-set.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – able to present with impact and influence
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, work independently and proactively, proven track record of delivery
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail required
- Team oriented
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top