Operational Risk Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
GS BANK OVERVIEWThe Retail Deposits team within Goldman Sachs Bank USA is responsible for day-to-day operations, marketing and support of the retail deposits platform. GS Bank offers online savings accounts and certificates of deposit to consumers via its website at GSBank.com and through a dedicated customer contact center.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Online Deposits Operations Analyst role is part of the first line of defense testing and monitoring team, and helps ensure process level risks and controls are closely managed to prevent and minimize operational risk in the business. Additional responsibilities include:
- Executing existing testing plans discussed and agreed upon with functional team leader, and maintain and update as needed
- Gathering data, performing tests, and documenting results
- Identifying potential control failures and effectively escalating to functional leader
- Proposing effective and efficient methods of testing and monitoring, and finding ways to automate testing and develop automated
- Working closely with colleagues to share findings and further refine processes
- Exercising credible and effective challenge as first line of defense, strengthening the risk framework and its individual components
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Leveraging strong communication skills to interact with functional leader, contact center team leaders, technology, and business
- infrastructure teams
- Working with contact center tools and understanding process details
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ year's related work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, facilitation, organization, and planning skills
- Solid working knowledge of all Customer Service functions and of the leasing and loan business
- Familiarity with contact center based tools and processes preferred
- Demonstrated ability to proficiently handle and own high-profile escalated situations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top