Operation - Accounting Services - Vice President - Bengaluru
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you passionate about investment banking, operations, risk management, process improvements and working with global teams within an investment bank? We are looking for a professional who wants to use their skills and experience to help deliver on operations agenda while challenging themselves to further their career at Goldman Sachs.
The Goldman Sachs Group is a financial holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and upholding our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Accounting Services Division (ASD) is part of the Operations division of Goldman Sachs and comprises of nearly 90 professionals based at 4 offices across the globe. The core function of ASD is to process vendor invoices and reimbursement of employee expenses. Accounting services also effectively partners with key stakeholders across divisions based cross the globe in managing and controlling risks pertaining to vendor payments and employee expense reimbursements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in Firm wide platform changes relating to Accounts Payable and Employee Travel & Entertainment.
- Develop new processes and re-engineer current processes to meet changing needs of the business.
- Working closely with Technology partners on system enhancements at department level.
- Translate Firm and Operations strategies into objectives for the Department, and proactively manage performance against these deliverables.
- Manage relationships with global divisional finance teams.
- Managing risks in the process by implementing and reviewing relevant controls.
- Represent Accounting Services on various cross department initiatives.
- Help develop and motivate diverse teams on departmental vision and strategy.
- Performance and management reporting of non-comp expense data.
- Exhibit confidence in communicating in a variety of forums, including one-to-one feedback sessions, formal presentations, training sessions and town halls.
- Manage relationships with risk partners like Global Control, Treasury and Controllers.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top