Observability Engineer - AppDynamics Architect/Admin - Consumer Tech
- Bangalore, India
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
• Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
• Provide digitally-advanced financial products to retail consumers
• Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
• Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
• Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• 3+ years of experience writing Java APIs
• Strong proficiency in: Distributed systems, Low-latency services, NoSQL and relational databases
• Experience building transactional systems and strong understanding of software architecture
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
• Comfort with agile operating models
• Experience with microservice architecture
• Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Spring
• Experience with AWS
• Experience in Financial Services or Fintech is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top