Municipal Credit Team, Vice President
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
The PWM Municipal Credit Team provides fundamental credit analysis and risk oversight for separate account clients through PWM Centrally Managed Municipals (CMM), PWM Desktop Advisory and Ayco Asset Management (AAM) business lines. We are seeking an individual who can work in a high energy environment on a team that interfaces with Portfolio Managers and Sales Traders to manage advisory and brokerage municipal securities accounts for high net worth families. The PWM Municipal Credit Team is looking for a detail-oriented and hard-working individual able to work in a fast paced trading desk environment with a minimum 5 years of experience in municipal fixed income, in addition to strong analytical, technical, inter-personal and presentation skills. Additional detail on the position is provided below.
- Perform credit reviews of municipal bonds issued by entities from around the country
- Daily review of posted Material Event Notices (MEN) regarding municipal securities
- Identify MENs impacting client holdings and initiating work-flows to inform clients
- Aggregate financial information on municipal issuers from Bloomberg data and audited financial statements
- Maintain a database of reviewed municipal securities
- Assist in preparation of client presentations, marketing materials and risk reports
- Train new portfolio managers and traders on municipal credit topics
- Attend client and prospect meetings as a municipal credit expert
Preferred Qualifications• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Ability to read complex documentation quickly and efficiently
- Strong combination of organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of varied backgrounds, personalities and levels of seniority
- Familiarity with accounting standards, beneficial if some familiarity with Governmental Accounting (GASB)
- Series 7, 52 and 66 preferred but not required
- Required – Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Required – 5 years experience in municipal fixed income
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top