Model Risk Management, Associate/Vice President
The Model Risk Management (MRM) group is a multidisciplinary group of quantitative experts at Goldman Sachs with presence in New York, London, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Bangalore.
The group’s primary mandate is to manage risk that arises from quantitative models used in the firm through its range of businesses – from models used for derivatives valuation to models used for risk management, liquidity and capital computations. In addition to independently reviewing these classes of models for their validity, theoretical consistency and implementation accuracy, the group is also responsible to assess the risk associated with model choice, e.g., exposure to choice of model in various contexts such as pricing exotic options or in calculating capital.
Preferred QualificationsThe MRM group looks for people with strong quantitative and technological background with a good understanding and interest in the financial markets. Successful candidates should have strong communication skills with the ability to explain quantitative models in an intuitive way.
The group is looking for bright and dynamic individuals who:
- Have strong quantitative skills with a Ph. D in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science)
- Are comfortable in evaluating and challenging complex models and explaining issues in an intuitive way
- Have a good command of object oriented (e.g. C++) programming
- Are team players and have the ability to come up with solutions quickly, think through and debate solutions with others
- Are comfortable in working in a fast paced environment
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top