Merchant Banking Division, Strategic Marketing, Vice President- New York
- New York, NY
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In this newly created role, we are looking for an experienced marketer to design and implement a strategy to showcase our brand as a leading alternative asset manager ("GS Alternatives"). This person will be responsible for brand management, corporate communications, digital strategy, publishing and marketing activities for the Merchant Banking Division (MBD) of Goldman Sachs. With dedicated teams covering each investment strategy, this person will incorporate the latest R&D on communications approaches and capitalize on the latest technologies in our design and digital initiatives. Our goal is to deliver the most effective, innovative and scalable ways to express and share MBD's investment capabilities, client solutions and domain expertise. This professional is responsible for creating and leading strategic marketing initiatives across multiple asset classes for use with clients, prospects and potential recruits of the Merchant Banking Division. This includes developing and curating both web and print materials across a broad range of marketing methods, including campaigns, events, digital marketing, research papers, product collateral and both internal and external communications tools. Strong consultative and communications skills are important in this role, as well as knowledge of experiential and digital marketing. Solid project management and organizational skills are required to facilitate complex projects across the division. The individual must possess a sense of urgency and an ability and willingness to work effectively in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build awareness for GS Alternatives through the development and execution of strategic marketing plans
- Actively seek to drive business by identifying opportunities to strengthen our suite of marketing tools
- Partner with product teams to understand specific commercial objectives in order to develop unique content and positioning; Oversee the development and creation of new marketing collateral (templates for e-mails, powerpoint presentations, event flyers, etc. that consistently communicate GS Alternatives)
- Building off of the GS brand strategy, help to craft a unique value proposition for GS Alternatives to be used internally, externally with clients and potential recruits, and in all events/conferences where MBD professionals are presenting. This includes collaborating with internal contributors and managing relationships with external agencies
- Map out a coordinated content calendar that sequences externally published content appropriately and effectively
- Manage use of social channels to distribute content; Partner with internal firmwide marketing teams on opportunities for campaigns on Goldman Sachs firmwide channels as well as a dedicated MBD channels
- Define an annual conference strategy, both in terms of selecting events and overseeing the creation of materials which reflect key priorities and our forward strategy holistically and by asset class
- Partner with Media Relations on relevant media opportunities that showcase GS Alternatives
- 10+ years in a similar role either within a marketing agency or similar leading financial institution
- In-depth knowledge of the alternative asset management industry, products, clients, regulations, competitors
- Strong marketing skills in both strategy and execution
- Ability to synthesize detailed and complex information from multiple sources and develop a clear, compelling story
- Demonstrable track record of working effectively and collaboratively across several teams
- Ability to work at varying speeds and under timeframe pressure, while maintaining extremely high standards
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top