Merchant Banking Division - Real Estate Structured Finance VP - London
ABOUT OUR ROLE IN MERCHANT BANKING
Merchant Banking invests in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, growth equity and infrastructure worldwide. Consisting of over 900 professionals in 25 offices in 15 countries, our business operates on a global platform and we are one of the largest managers of private capital globally.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The role will primarily support Debt Placement activities. The team engages in (1) debt related sourcing, originations, restructuring and refinancing efforts, (2) ongoing relationship management with lenders and strategic partners (3) acquisition/development/financing opportunities (4) negotiation of term sheets and loan agreements coupled with oversight of compliance with loan covenants (5) investment structuring and closing and (6) capital markets focus.
The ideal candidate has experience in loan originations and real estate finance across multiple product types and can effectively manage and create lending relationships
- Execute debt related activities including loan sourcing, originations, and restructurings
- Provide debt guidance during acquisition due diligence and annual business plan process
- Coordinate and interact with real estate, portfolio management, legal and closing teams on structuring of investments, negotiations, and executing transactions
- Interface with business units on frequent basis to discuss investing opportunities
- Manage ongoing lender relationships as well as creating new relationships
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university
- Minimum 7 years related experience in loan originations or real estate finance in multiple product types
- Orientation toward financial markets
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial in nature with strong organization and management skills a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top