Merchant Banking Division, Real Estate Associate, Frankfurt
Merchant Banking Division (MBD) raises capital for companies by investing in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. MBD operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing. The group invests in equity and credit across corporate, real estate and infrastructure strategies:
- Corporate Investment: pursues corporate equity and debt investment opportunities worldwide.
- Real Estate: pursues equity and debt investments in real estate and real estate related assets worldwide.
- Infrastructure : invests in infrastructure and infrastructure related assets and companies on a global basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Participate in monitoring and management of real estate investments, with oversight of our external operating partners and portfolios companies. Responsible for execution of the strategy, measurement and internal reporting of asset level metrics and how these affect our overall portfolio returns
- Prepare quantitative analysis and business plans for assets and portfolios by working with external partners to develop portfolio strategies with targets for the upcoming year
- Support preparation of approvals, updates and transactional models to present to senior management and external boards
- Assist with the take-down and on-boarding of new deals, liaising with other departments as well as external parties to set up structures needed to manage deals
- Undertake ad-hoc projects, initiatives and lead work streams as necessary Function as internal project manager and liaise with broad array of stakeholders internally and externally
- Compile regular market analysis on target markets and property sector
- Support on new transactions, with various tasks such as excel underwriting, due diligence coordination and investment memo preparation
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- The right candidate is a problem solver that is solutions oriented, with a solid analytical mind-set and +4 years relevant experience in similar or related field of work
- Interest in real estate investments and a strong desire to work in the real estate industry
- Prior real estate / asset management / investment banking experience
- Extensive experience with Excel and high quality of modelling is required. Proficiency in PowerPoint needed, with a preference for those who also have experience with Argus.
- Experience in preparing marketing materials, memorandums and market insight/information required
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy, in a Firm where strong team players are the backbone of any team
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top