Merchant Banking Division- RE Loan Asset Management-Associate/ Vice President - Bangalore
- Bangalore, India
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Merchant Banking Division raises capital for companies by investing in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. The Real Estate Investing and Lending group provides investment and asset management services in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions and external parties as appropriate. Our work is multi-dimensional covering key markets, industry sectors, product
types and geographies. If you're passionate about real estate and finance, have strong analytical skills and are a great communicator who is eager to make an impact, this could be the right opportunity for you
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
MBD Real Estate - Loan Asset Management, Vice President - Bengaluru, India
Merchant Banking Division invests in real estate equity, corporate equity and debt, debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. The team seeks a Vice President for MBD Real Estate Loan Asset Management, based in Bengaluru, India, to support credit investing across the U.S./ EMEA.
This role will sit in the Loan Asset Management (LAM) team. In LAM, we manage commercial real estate loans, including but not limited to, performing and non-performing senior / junior positions, floating rate transitional loans, and complex structured finance products. The candidate will execute these tasks in coordination with senior MBD Management and the different GS investing and lending divisions.
• Work collaboratively to achieve department and firm objectives
• Develop and maintain market relationships with appropriate vendors and other industry participants
• Keep Senior Management informed about potential decisions' impact on assets
• Grow and manage a small team supporting the business
Valuation and Modelling
• Valuing and modelling real estate cashflows for multiple property types
• Financial spreading of property income statements alongside contractual loan terms
• Testing loan covenants such as DSCR and LTV and modelling future projected covenant tests
• Valuation of granular performing or non-performing loan portfolios a plus
• Contribute to deal closing processes
• Oversee and/or directly manage a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate loans.
• Proficient with contractual loan terms and experience in assessing amendment and waivers
Reporting & Data
• Prepare and present quarterly and semi-annul business plans, acquisition and disposition cases, and other adhoc memoranda including capital advances, major lease approvals, and mark-to-market analysis to Senior Management and internal clients for review and approval
• Prepare and update monthly reporting packages for management and clients
• Strong data background and regard for maintaining position data systematically
• Minimum 5 years of experience in asset managing CRE loans and/or performing/distressed loan assets
• Experience valuing multiple product types including office, retail, hospitality, multifamily
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Strong academic background
• Excellent quantitative, verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
• Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
• Strong sense of accountability and dedication to continuous improvement
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines ensuring high quality reports
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top