Merchant Banking Division, Private Credit Group, Associate- New York
- New York, NY
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
The Private Credit Group ("PCG") team originates investments across senior and mezzanine debt, preferred equity and opportunistic credit. PCG is one of the largest originators of direct credit in the world with teams based in the New York and London.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Associate will work on corporate debt investments. Associates work as part of small teams that are responsible for identifying, structuring, executing and managing corporate debt investments. This position will be involved in a wide range of high profile transactions, which may include both senior debt and mezzanine investments in support of management buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations.
- Understanding complex financial modeling
- Reviewing and analyzing investment opportunities across a range of industry segments
- Undertaking significant due diligence responsibilities
- Participating in investment approval process
- Developing and presenting investment theses
- Participating in structuring, negotiating and documenting investments
- Building relationships with sponsors, management teams and partners
- Helping monitor and manage existing investments and portfolio companies
- Tracking overall portfolio metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline
- Experience in the financial services industry, preferably investment banking or buyside experience
- Strong financial analysis/modeling experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Investment acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people
- Detail orientation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top