Merchant Banking Division, PIA, Vice President - Beijing/Hong Kong
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. Goldman Sachs Principal Investment Area (PIA) AEJ team focuses on investing in private equity across a broad range of industries in Greater China, Korea and Southeast Asia. PIA engages in purchasing equity, in mostly competitively bid transactions and working with management and operating partners to enhance the value of purchased companies. The ultimate objective is to harvest such investments within a three to ten year period.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Researching and assessing potential investment opportunities, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Building and operating complex financial models for company valuation purposes
- Participating in business analysis to help the team form a view on the merits of a potential investment
- Contributing to the preparation of discussion materials on proposed investment opportunities for the consideration of the Goldman Sachs internal investment committee
- Participating in the monitoring of new and existing portfolio investments, and attending monitoring sessions with the portfolio companies' management
- College degree
- At least 8 years of work experience in investment banking or private equity
- Native level of language skills in Mandarin Chinese.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong technical skills in analysis, research, financial model building
- Has investor mindset and strong interpersonal skills to deal with clients Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top