MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This role will sit in the Loan Asset Management (LAM) team. In LAM, we manage commercial real estate loans, including but not limited to, performing and non-performing senior / junior positions, floating rate transitional loans, and complex structured finance products. Additionally, there is active sourcing new acquisition and financing opportunities. The candidate will execute these tasks in coordination with senior MBD Management and the different GS investing and lending divisions.
- Work collaboratively to achieve department and firm objectives
- Develop and maintain market relationships with appropriate vendors and other industry participants
- Keep Senior Management informed about potential decisions' impact on assets
- Analyzing and presenting opportunities and risks inherent in specific sectors and markets
- Overseeing valuation analyses and due diligence processes
- Coordination of internal and external resources to analyze investment opportunities
- Responsible for deal closing processes
- Oversee and/or directly manage a diverse portfolio of commercial (real estate and C&I) loans and direct equity investments
- Responsible for oversight of operating partners, third party asset managers and property managers
- Formulate and execute strategies to maximize value through knowledge of loan market and value-add strategies
- Negotiate with borrowers
- Lead disposition efforts of underlying real estate assets/collaterals including contract negotiation, transaction management and closing
- Coordinate with third party leasing and sales agents
- Prepare and present quarterly and semi-annul business plans, acquisition and disposition cases, and other ad-hoc memoranda including capital advances, major lease approvals, and mark-to-market analysis , to Senior Management and internal clients for review and approval
- Prepare and update monthly reporting packages for management and clients
- Minimum 4 years of experience in asset managing CRE loans and/or performing/distressed loan assets
- Experience valuing multiple product types including office, retail, hospitality, multifamily
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong academic background
- Well-developed network in the US market
- New Market Tax Credit experience a plus
- Affordable housing experience a plus
- Excellent quantitative, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Inquisitive by nature with detail orientation and intellectual curiosity
- Strong sense of accountability and dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines ensuring high quality reports
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity