Merchant Banking Division - Loan Asset Management - Associate - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and
diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong
Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Merchant Banking Division raises capital for companies by investing in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. The Real Estate Investing and Lending group
provides investment and asset management services in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions and external parties as appropriate. Our work is multi-dimensional covering key markets, industry sectors, product
types and geographies. If you're passionate about real estate and finance, have strong analytical skills and are a great communicator who is eager to make an impact, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Loan Asset Management is currently seeking an Analyst to support the global loans business of Merchant Banking Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for product setup and trade booking requirements of trade
closing, quantitative analysis surrounding the ongoing asset management of loan portfolios and ensuring integrity, definition, structure and unity of purpose of data in Goldman Sachs system of record.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Create, maintain and present detailed information with respect to profit/loss, rate of return, cash flow, and performance of loan assets across multiple portfolios
- Learn the methodology and mechanics of internal loan pricing models and be able to apply these models to existing inventory and potential acquisitions
- Provide thoughtful color and commentary on the performance of loan portfolios and key profit/loss drivers
- Ensure that flow of data underlying all of the analytics is accurate and correct. Working with strategies, technology, and cash operations to that aim
- Interface with risk controllers to ensure Goldman Sachs accounting systems match internal profit/loss expectations
- Work with the Loan Trading and Regional Asset Management groups to formulate views on the economics behind various asset servicing strategies
- Reconcile data discrepancies between external vendors and internal databases through analytics and research
- Coordinate with Technology and internal strategy departments to enhance and develop existing models and infrastructure , create new vendor data feeds and enhance internal databases
- Set up positions on firm's infrastructure working through the complexities of cross-collateralised loan portfolios
- Manage and create data related quality control checks for internal databases and provide resolution through analytic research
- Define and model data pathways into databases and how corresponding business units can be affected by changes to data structure
- Manage file load process for vendor data feeds
- Fulfill ad hoc data requests
- Strong academic background - 2 to 3 year related business, math, or accounting background with a minimum 3.0 GPA equivalent
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong mathematical and analytical aptitude, attention to details and ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations until projects are finished
- Give evidence of being a strong team player, collaborate with others within and across teams
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express relevant, technical concepts in a clear and concise manner and with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Think ahead, anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions, identify clear objectives and make defensible judgments regarding workflow
- Ability to see the big picture and effectively analyze complex issues
- Loan banking or other financial industry experience preferred
- Up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Proficient in Excel and SQL
- Knowledge of Database objects and data structures
- Experience of working with large sets of data is a plus
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Project management and organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top