Merchant Banking Division, Client On-Boarding, Associate / Vice President, Tokyo
- Tokyo, Japan
MORE ABOUT US
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Our MBD Client Onboarding team is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional who is looking to work with a wide variety of individuals from Business, Compliance and Operations to facilitate an excellent client onboarding experience and mitigate risks associated with the capture and documentation of related transactions. As a member of the MBD Client Onboarding team, the individual will specialize in the review of AML/KYC information for new relationships for MBD business. The individual will work directly with our internal partners and clients in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy. The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization, is critical.
The Client Onboarding team supports client onboarding for the Merchant Banking Division. Merchant Banking Division invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and works in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
The team's primary function is to partner with key stakeholders to on-board new clients with a focus on efficiency, control, and excellent client service.
Principal responsibilities of the MBD Client On-boarding team include:
- Conduct Anti-Money Laundering (AML) checks as part of on-boarding for Goldman Sachs to meet its Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance obligations and other regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with Engineering to design new system enhancements to improve efficiency and control.
- Work with Compliance to define and implement firm policies and controls.
- Provide timely advice to MBD and counterparts on the KYC and account opening process.
- Provide a control framework to manage the operational risk of the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Contacting business to obtain AML information and documentation.
- Answer queries on accounts and counterpart relationships from MBD.
- Project management ranging from small enhancements to large-scale, global projects.
- Ensuring all communications are of the highest professional standard to maintain client service excellence.
- Timely and effective escalation of potential relationship issues and devising possible resolutions.
- Taking responsibility for delivering against commitments.
- Participate in regular meetings with the program team to maintain clarity around workflow, develop required reporting and identify and implement efficiencies.
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Effective team player, with the ability to build networks.
- Self-starter, able to work towards targets with minimal supervision.
- Commercial awareness, able to understand the impact of the role on client experience and firm profitability.
- Ability to drive projects and programs across the team.
- Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, or Japanese language skills (required).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; skills in Business Intelligence tools (Alteryx, Tableau, RPA, AI) will be beneficial.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top