Merchant Banking Division, Alternatives Capital Markets and Strategy (ACMS) Group, Analyst/Associate - New York/Salt Lake City
- New York, NY
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
ACMS Associate or Senior Analyst Positions:
The firmwide Alternatives Capital Markets and Strategy (ACMS) Group is recruiting for Associate or Senior Analyst roles, to join its capital markets and capital raising teams within ACMS, in New York and Salt Lake City.
The Alternatives Capital Markets and Strategy Group is accountable for driving institutional capital markets, capital raising, and client strategy for alternative investments throughout Goldman Sachs. Focused on enhancing how we serve our investing clients, this group leads the coordination and expansion of our firm's engagements in alternatives, across both direct investing strategies and open-architecture strategies. The group also collaborates with the firm's investment teams to design alternative investment products and manage strategic partnerships. Working together with our institutional client relationship teams around the world, the group helps to centrally organize portfolio solutions and provide market insights and thought leadership to enhance our client interactions, communications and branding initiatives in alternative investments.
Associate and Senior Analyst Responsibilities:
- Design and drive product campaigns in the firm's alternatives products -- analyzing market positioning, crafting communication materials, and coordinating capital raises for fund vehicles, customized programs, and co-investment opportunities.
- Address questions and manage strategy-specific engagements from investing clients on private equity, private credit, real estate, infrastructure, growth equity, secondaries, GP stakes, working alongside the ACMS alternative portfolio strategists and firm-wide investment teams.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process on behalf of our investing clients, including completion of RFPs/RFIs, presentation of portfolio data, and navigation of digital portals.
- Manage a range of client and product analytics and dashboards (including product performance analyses and client outcome analyses), assessing data patterns to assist in resource allocation.
- Contribute to thought-leadership and content-generation initiatives , working alongside the ACMS alternative portfolio strategists, to develop materials relating to alternative investment strategies, portfolio construction, and new client approaches for the 2020s.
- Work with the ACMS leadership on ACMS-wide projects , including initiatives in data science, impact/ESG investing strategies, and new communication and design approaches.
- 1-4 years of prior work experience.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity on alternative investing strategies, particularly the private markets.
- Team player, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task, with an ability to manage multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Advanced facility with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior investment banking or capital markets experience is an asset.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top