MBD, Strategic Capital Group - Analyst Position
The Strategic Capital Group (“SCG”) within the Merchant Banking Division is looking for an experienced analyst to join its team in New York.
The Merchant Banking Division (“MBD”) invests in equity and credit across corporate, real estate and infrastructure assets using Goldman Sachs’ own capital and capital raised from outside investors. For 30 years, MBD successfully raised over $145 billion of capital in funds to invest in these assets classes across a number of geographies, industries and transaction types, making it one of the largest private equity and debt investors in the world.
The Strategic Capital Group Team within MBD coordinates the capital raising, investor relations coverage and marketing support across all products managed by MBD as well as the syndication of co-investment opportunities to the division’s key investor base, enabling these clients to invest alongside Goldman Sachs in private investments across all major asset classes. In addition, SCG plays a significant role in the structuring of the firm’s investments, working with the investment deal teams and investor clients, as well as various functional areas within the firm and across divisions (Securities, IMD, IBD).
We are now looking to add an analyst to this small growing team to work on marketing, client service and the syndication of corporate private equity and principal debt investments. The work is strategy, deal and investor focused, allowing you access to a wide range of businesses, industries, investment structures and investor types. You will follow the full life cycle of the marketing of funds, investor coverage and deal syndication processes.
The position is a unique opportunity to gain experience and insight into a broad range of private equity, private credit, real estate and infrastructure investment strategies through the lens of the most sophisticated investors around the globe.
- Assist in preparing and updating marketing materials and coordinating fund launches/investor meetings/road shows for new capital raises and existing products as well as co-investment opportunities
- Manage due diligence files and distribute client review materials for fundraisings and co-investment syndications (including via online data rooms)
- Respond to regular and ad hoc investor requests/inquiries from investors and sales/client service teams globally
- Collect and maintain fund analytics, benchmarking and competitive information
- Work with MBD investment deal teams, external advisors and internal legal, accounting and tax teams to respond to client investor questions with respect to structure commercial, accounting, legal, and tax considerations
- Coordinate with investment deal teams and execution teams to facilitate closing of syndication process
- Collect and maintain databases tracking client investor deal preferences / participation
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Clear ability to multi-task and work to deadlines; strong organizational skills required
- Strong team player
- Solid work ethic, motivation level, and strong attention to detail
- Advanced facility with Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior investment banking, capital markets and/or transaction experience is a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top