MBD, MBD Strats, New York, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
Goldman Sachs' Strats business unit is a leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, operations, finance, sales, banking and investment businesses, Strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, price and systematically manage risk, and identify market opportunities.
The Merchant Banking Division (MBD) raises capital for companies by investing in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. We operate on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and an interest in investing businesses.
The Strats team in MBD collaborates with investing and finance professionals in the division to create quantitative models, strategies, and analyses to help structure, value, hedge, and risk manage the investments. Members of our team hold Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science and other fields. Although the work performed by Strats is financial in nature, applicants need not have specific financial knowledge or experience to apply. We are interested in individuals who have strong mathematical and programming skills and a passion to learn about finance.
As a Strat in Merchant Banking, you will be responsible for:
- Developing portfolio management and risk monitoring tools for our investments.
- Creating models for valuing investments and projecting returns.
- Designing analytics to optimize investment structure, pricing and financing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in math, physics, computer science, engineering , or other related field
- Strong coding and software design skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technology: Experience building large-scale distributed systems, implementing fundamental algorithms and working in different programming languages.
- Mathematics: Understanding of time series analysis, statistics, numerical techniques, partial differential equations, stochastic calculus
- Finance: Understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products' behaviors and specifications
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top