MBD, MBD Finance, New York, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
The MBD Finance team within MBD division has responsibility for the annual planning process and associated quarterly reforecasts, month-end management reporting process, monthly review of direct/variable expenses and allocations, management of divisional P&L, as well as various regulatory reporting. Day to day work includes a broad range of regular tasks, project-based work and ad hoc analyses.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful applicant will be working closely with a Managing Director, VP and an Analyst. The role will be focused on overseeing coordination of month-end close, month-end reporting, internal allocations analysis, ROAE reporting, regulatory-related requests, and annual planning and quarterly forecasts. It will involve a significant amount of analytical work and strong skills in this area are vital. The successful applicant will have a strong focus on detail, an ability to understand financial information, draw relationships and raise issues or concerns. Applicants should be highly motivated and client-focused. Knowledge of Essbase, Business Objects and Qlik would be a significant advantage.
Specific responsibilities are likely to vary over time but will include:
- Overseeing coordination of monthly P&L and Balance sheet closes with MBD Controllers, MBD Technology and MBD business
- Preparation of month-end financial reports to MBD senior management (both regular and ad-hoc)
- Assist in liaising with Financial Reporting Planning and Analysis Group, MBD Controllers, as well as MBD's Fund Management Group to ensure that MBD's revenue, expenses, and business metrics are properly reported
- Month-end analysis relating to MBD's internal allocations
- Supporting MBD's annual planning process and quarterly forecasts
- Assist in coordinating CCAR and DFAST processes, consolidation of MBD revenues data and submission into CCAR Tracer tool
- Put together various analyses required as part of the firm's regulatory obligations to the Fed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline
- At least 4-5 years working experience, accounting/finance related
- Excellent analytical/quantitative skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to manage, organize and analyze large volumes of information
- Strong Excel, Word, Powerpoint skills will be important – knowledge of Essbase, Business Objects and Qlik would be a significant advantage
- Team player – willing to pick up and help in areas not explicitly related to job duties
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to multi-task
- Ability to work independently in a small team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top