MBD, Funds and Operations- Valuation Group, Associate/Vice President, Irving
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
MBD is the primary center for Goldman Sachs' long-term principal investing activity. Goldman Sachs has operated this business as an integral part of the firm for more than 25 years. MBD encompasses the Principal Investment Area, the Private Credit Group, the Real Estate Principal Investment Area and the Infrastructure Investment Group, which focus on corporate private equity and debt investments, real estate equity and debt investments and investments in infrastructure, respectively. Investments are made on behalf of Goldman Sachs, its employees and clients of the firm through a series of investment vehicles and other strategies.
Within MBD, the Funds and Operations Team supports the investing teams in a variety of functions, including structuring and closing investments and the ongoing management and reporting of investment vehicles and related financing facilities. The MBD Valuation Group (within the Funds and Operations Team) manages the departmental valuation process, including recommending appropriate quarter-end equity and debt valuations. The MBD Valuation Group is also responsible for analyzing, budgeting and projecting the division's results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful applicant will have an ability to understand financial information, draw relationships and raise issues or concerns. He/she will have a high degree of integrity, strong attention to detail and be highly motivated and client focused. He/she will support more senior team members with a variety of items including a range of recurring tasks, project-based work and ad hoc analyses.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Determine and support appropriate fair market values across multiple investing disciplines and geographies
- Prepare / maintain multi-year departmental revenue forecast, involving multiple investment strategies
- Maintain working knowledge of significant investments and forecasting assumptions
- Participate in semi-annual CCAR stress test forecast, including maintaining related departmental process documentation
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the valuation and budgeting process
- Responding to ad hoc requests and preparing analyses for same
- Additional responsibilities will be based on the needs of the division and the candidate's specific skills
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline
- Minimum 3 years related work experience (minimum 2 years of public accounting experience preferred)
- Experience in valuing corporate private equity, debt, real estate and infrastructure investments
- Strong understanding of capital and debt markets
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral as well as written
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and handle stressful situations
- Ability to work independently in a small team, exhibit initiative and be proactive
- Ability to organize and analyze large volumes of information
- Team player, willing to help in areas not explicitly related to job duties
- Comfortable working with a manager in a remote location
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top