MBD, Funds and Operations Team, New York or Irving, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
MERCHANT BANKINGWe invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
TEAM DESCRIPTION:The Merchant Banking Division ("MBD") is the primary center for Goldman Sachs' long-term principal investing activity. Goldman Sachs has operated this business as an integral part of the firm for more than 25 years. MBD encompasses the Principal Investment Area, the Private Credit Group, the Real Estate Principal Investment Area and the Infrastructure Investment Group, which focus on corporate private equity and debt investments, real estate equity and debt investments and investments in infrastructure, respectively. Investments are made on behalf of Goldman Sachs, its employees and clients of the firm through a series of investment vehicles and other strategies.
Within MBD, the Funds and Operations Team supports the investing teams in a variety of functions, including structuring and closing investments and the ongoing management and reporting of investment vehicles and related financing facilities. The Funds and Operations Team is also responsible for analyzing, budgeting and projecting the division's results.
POSITION DESCRIPTION:The successful applicant will have an ability to understand financial information, draw relationships and raise issues or concerns. He/she will have a high degree of integrity, strong attention to detail and be highly motivated and client-focused. He/she will support more senior team members with a variety of items including a range of recurring tasks, project-based work and ad hoc analyses.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Administering a series of private funds and other similar accounts managed by MBD
- Monitoring and maintaining compliance with credit facilities
- Preparing/writing investor correspondence and related analyses
- Reviewing financial statements and working with accountants to resolve questions
- Tracking/reporting detailed performance metrics
- Responding to ad hoc requests and preparing analyses for same
- Additional responsibilities will be based on the needs of the division and the candidate's specific skills
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline
- Minimum 3 years related work experience (2 years of public accounting experience preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral as well as written
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and handle stressful situations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top