MBD, Execution, Analyst / Associate, London
WHAT WE DO
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
The Merchant Banking Division ("MBD") is the primary center for Goldman Sachs' long-term principal investing activity. MBD encompasses the Principal Investment Area, the Private Credit Group, the Real Estate Principal Investment Area and Infrastructure Investment Group, which focus on corporate private quity and debt investments, real estate equity and debt investments and investments in infrastructure, respectively. Investments are made on behalf of Goldman Sachs, its employees and Clients of the firm through a series of investment vehicles and other strategies.
Within MBD, the Execution Team supports the investing teams in a variety of functions, particularly around closing investments and facilitating communications between investing teams and various support areas.
The successful applicant will have to understand various financial products, draw relationships and raise issues or concerns. He/she will have a high degree of integrity, strong attention to detail and be highly motivated and client-focused. He/she will support senior team members with a variety of items including a range of recurring tasks, project-based work and ad hoc analyses.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support execution process across the entire life of an investment, from initial closing to final sale (including deal structuring, funding, KYC and related documentation)
- Facilitate timely communication between investing teams and various support areas, internally and externally
- Facilitate information flows by booking trades in firm systems
- Respond to ad hoc requests and prepare analyses and detailed spreadsheets for same
- Support technology initiatives related to the above responsibilities
- Additional responsibilities, including project-based work, will be based on the needs of the division and the candidate's specific skills
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline
- Minimum 2 years related work experience
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral as well as written
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and handle stressful situations
- Ability to work independently in a small team, exhibit initiative and be proactive
- Ability to organize and analyze large volumes of information
- Facility with and interest in working on technology initiatives
- Team player, willing to help in areas not explicitly related to job duties
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
Please note that we will only respond to those resumes for which we have an interest.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top