MBD Engineering - MERCHANT BANKING Engineering - Quantitative Financial Engineer (Analyst/Associate) - Associate
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
MBD Technology is one agile team that develops solutions in the Content Search, Workflow, Investment Management, Transaction Entry, Investor Management and Business Intelligence areas. Sitting alongside the Merchant Banking business it offers unique opportunities to work with a world class Private Equity Business
Goldman Sachs Engineering is a leading developer of quantitative models and cutting edge systems to solve complex business problems. Working with the firm's trading, operations, finance, sales, banking and investing businesses, engineers use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, identify market opportunities, assist managing risks, and provide technical solutions to facilitate all business activities. The Merchant Banking Division (MBD) invests in private equity and debt across corporate securities, real estate, and infrastructure-related assets. It operates on a global platform and works in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with individuals with versatile skills and a passion for strategic investing. The Merchant Banking Engineering team collaborates with investing and finance professionals to create quantitative models and applications supporting all aspects of the investing and lending activities. Members of our team hold Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, among other fields. The team's responsibilities include creating quantitative models and developing software applications to help structure, value, hedge, risk manage the investments and portfolios, and assist processes and reporting. We are interested in individuals who have strong quantitative and coding skills and an interest to learn about finance. As a Quantitative Financial Engineer in Merchant Banking Engineering, you will have the opportunity to work on many different types of projects including: • Assisting investment decisions across a variety of asset classes • Providing analytics to optimize investment structure and pricing • Creating systems to streamline the investing process and scale growing strategies • Developing portfolio management tools for senior investment leaders • Creating models for valuing investments and projecting returns • Advising on fund structuring and strategy to maximize profits for our investors and firm
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Assisting investment decisions across a variety of asset classes
• Providing analytics to optimize investment structure and pricing
• Creating systems to streamline the investing process and scale growing strategies
• Developing portfolio management tools for senior investment leaders
• Creating models for valuing investments and projecting returns
• Advising on fund structuring and strategy to maximize profits for our investors and firm
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, computer science, math, physics, or other related field
• Strong coding and software design skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Computer Science: Experience building web-based applications or large-scale distributed systems, implementing fundamental algorithms, working in different programming languages and databases
• Mathematics: Understanding of time series analysis, statistics, numerical techniques, partial differential equations, stochastic calculus
• Finance: Understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products' behaviors and specifications. Although the work performed by our team is financial in nature, applicants need not have specific financial knowledge or experience to apply.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top