MBD, Corporate Investing - Private Credit Team, New York, Vice President
Merchant Banking invests both the firm’s own capital and capital raised from outside investors in corporate, real estate and infrastructure assets world-wide. Investments may be structured as either debt or equity. The work is deal-focused and exciting, and will bring you in contact with a wide range of businesses, industries, investment structures and products.
The current vice president position we are hiring for is to work on corporate debt investments with the Private Credit Group. Vice presidents and associates work as part of small teams that are responsible for identifying, diligence, structuring, executing and managing corporate debt investments. You will be involved in a wide range of high profile transactions, which may include both senior debt and mezzanine investments in support of management buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations.
- Understanding complex financial modeling
- Review and analyze investment opportunities across a range of industry segments
- Undertaking significant due diligence responsibilities
- Participating in investment approval process
- Develop and present investment theses
- Participating in structuring, negotiating and documenting investments
- Building relationships with sponsors, management teams and partners
- Helping monitor and manage existing investments and portfolio companies
- Tracking overall portfolio metrics
- At least 3 years of related fulltime work experience
- Strong financial analysis/modeling experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Investment acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people
- Detail orientation
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top