MBD, Corporate Investing, Private Credit Team, New York, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The current program associate position we are hiring for is to work on corporate debt investments with the Private Credit Group. Program Associates work as part of small teams that are responsible for identifying, structuring, executng and managing corporate debt investments. You will be involved in a wide range of high profile transactions, which may include both senior debt and mezzanine investments in support of management buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations.
- Understanding complex financial modeling
- Reviewing and analyzing investment opportunities across a range of industry segments
- Undertaking significant due diligence responsibilities
- Participating in investment approval process
- Developing and presenting investment theses
- Participating in structuring, negotiating and documenting investments
- Building relationships with sponsors, management teams and partners
- Helping monitor and manage existing investments and portfolio companies
- Tracking overall portfolio metrics
- Experience in the financial services industry, preferably investment banking or buyside experience
- Strong financial analysis/modeling experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Investment acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people
- Detail orientation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top