MBD, Corporate Investing, Private Credit Group, New York, Associate
Merchant Banking invests both the firm's own capital and capital raised from outside investors in corporate equity, corporate debt, real estate and infrastructure assets world-wide. The work is deal-focused and exciting, and will bring you in contact with a wide range of businesses, industries, investment structures and products.
The Private Credit Group ("PCG") team originates investments across senior and mezzanine debt, preferred equity and opportunistic credit. The Private Credit platform is one of the largest originators of direct credit in the world, with $70+bn deployed in senior loans and mezzanine since 1996. PCG is a global group, with strong connectivity between the New York and London teams.
PCG associates work as part of small teams responsible for identifying, diligencing, structuring, executing and managing corporate debt investments. Associates are involved in a wide range of high profile transactions across the capital structure and in a variety of industries in support of transactions that include leveraged buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Originating investment ideas across the product suite of the Private Credit Group team via early engagement with financial sponsors and company management teams
- Engaging in all aspects of due diligence and business analysis to develop and refine investment theses
- Participating in structuring, negotiating and documenting investments
- Communicating and defending investment theses to internal stakeholders and committees, including the MBD Investment Committee
- Actively monitoring existing investments in the portfolio
- Building relationships with sponsors, management teams and internal GS stakeholders
- Training more junior team members with respect to quantitative and analytical skills and facilitating the development of investment judgments
- Experience in the financial services industry, preferably buyside or investment banking
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for fundamental credit investing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and creative mindset; ability to analyze a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of people
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top