MBD, Corporate Equity Investing, New York, Associate/Vice President
Corporate Equity Investing, New York
Merchant Banking invests in both the firm’s own capital and capital raised from outside investors in corporate, real estate and infrastructure assets world wide and works to enhance the value of those assets before realizing them through sale. The work is deal-focused and exciting, and will bring you in contact with a wide range of businesses, industries, investment structures and products.
The current Vice President and Senior Associate positions we are hiring for are to work on corporate equity investments. Vice Presidents and Associates work as part of small teams that are responsible for the acquisition and management of investments. You will be involved in a wide range of high profile transactions, which might include management buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions, build-ups, restructurings, recapitalizations and dispositions.
- Understanding complex financial modeling
- Undertaking significant due diligence responsibilities
- Participating in investment approval process
- Learning to develop investment theses
- Review and analyze investment opportunities across a range of industry segments
- Participating in structuring, negotiating and documenting investments
- Building relationships with management teams and partners
- Helping monitor and manage existing investments and portfolio companies
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong financial analysis/modeling experience
- Investment Banking Classic experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Investment acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people
- Detail oriented
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top