Marquee Engineering - UI Developer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marquee business at Goldman Sachs is building a digital platform for our institutional clients globally. We provide access to liquidity, risk and execution analytics, as well as proprietary data through highly scalable web platforms and APIs. The team is responsible for creating new digital workflows for clients, and generating new revenue streams for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, with talented and passionate product managers, designers and engineers working with sales and trading to build great software for hedge funds, pension funds, endowments, corporations, and other sophisticated investors.
As an engineer within Marquee, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of shaping our client's experience by creating new technology driven businesses to externalize our core analytics and data to both existing clients and entirely new markets. At times you will be asked to step into the trading floor environment and at others you will be called upon to guide the decisions of leadership. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
Using leading open source technologies, we are scaling to a multitude of API calls which are used by clients across the globe. We are pursuing engineers across the stack who enjoy working in a client driven and agile environment; from those who are confident developing low latency, scalable and resilient solutions through individuals passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Making a deep and meaningful impact in a collaborative environment.
- Connectivity with traders, salespeople, strategists and multiple areas of Technology.
- Overall, you will be challenged to think strategically, proposing new business design, analytics and/or solutions to meet many of our clients' needs. As you gain expertise in the inner-workings of the trading business, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper into your areas of interest.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
Expert knowledge in:
- Knowledge or interest in data-driven analytics and visualization in a financial front-office.
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDb and Elastic Search
- Programming in a complied language such as Java, or C# or interpreted such as Python and experience with concurrency and memory management.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top