Marquee Engineering - Test Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
The Marquee Test Engineer will focus on full stack testing, including UI web automation, service & API testing, and performance testing. We envision this role to reduce the number and severity of production incidents by partnering with colleagues from across the technology and business teams.
• Work closely with business and developers on understanding and defining product requirements
• Devise and implement testing strategy for existing and new projects/products within Marquee Engineering using firm tooling and best practices.
• Create long-term testing strategy to reach across divisions internally, including building out and leading a testing team
• Work across engineering, product, and design teams to drive continuous quality uplift of systems through automation.
• Drive and influence change across groups based on quality assurance.
• Exploratory testing - develop an understanding of how the user will use the software
• Write & execute functional and regression tests
• Develop & review test cases
• Evaluate, troubleshoot and test software
• Drive automaton of quality metrics collection and ongoing analysis to ensure quality of systems is not compromised over time.
• Work closely with platform team engineers in order to introduce and improve testing in a Continuous Delivery approach.
PREFERRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of testing experience
• Understanding of different testing strategies used during SDLC
• Solid knowledge of QA testing methodologies and processes, including both white box and black box testing
• Experience in writing test plans and test cases
• Familiarity with issue tracking systems including Jira
• Java, Java Script, Shell scripts
• Good understanding of asynchronous programming, Promises and Callbacks
• Experience with web automation tools, Selenium preferred
• Ability to create testing frameworks and knowledge of design patterns (e.g page objects)
• REST APIs
• Networking including TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL certificates
• Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
• Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
• Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Exposure to various asset classes our clients transact in
• Connectivity with traders, salespeople, strategists and multiple areas of Technology in a dynamic environment
• Overall, you will be challenged to think strategically, proposing new business design, analytics and/or solutions to meet many of our clients' needs. As you gain expertise in the dynamics of the trading business, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper into your areas of interest.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Professional React/AngularJS development experience
• Solid understanding of the web development process from the layout/user interface to services layer
• Experience creating responsive HTML5 GUI's
• Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top