Marquee Engineering - Site Reliability Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Marquee Engineering is a cross functional product team that provides clients with a flawless interface to access our analytics, data, content and execution capabilities, via a browser or an API. We partner with strats, sales and traders in the firm's Securities Division to provide best in class execution workflows, risk and analytical tools and relevant content to best suit our client channels. Our digital offerings, under the unified Marquee brand, directly correlate to market share and profitability.
As a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer on the Marquee team, you will be responsible for managing and supporting highly-available distributed systems, ensuring the reliability of the production environment, building tools to reduce toil and increase insight into trouble spots, and implementing effective governance controls. You will work with a number of proprietary configuration management and deployment systems in close collaboration with other GS teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Application SDLC, deployment and runtime management with a goal of reducing product cycle time
- Infrastructure Services – DMZ, proxies, load balancing and firewalls
- Risk Management – Resiliency design & planning, collection and analysis of availability metrics
- Three or more years industry experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer role
- Strong communication skills, including experience working globally
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve
Expert knowledge in one or more of
- ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- Networking including TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL certificates
- Experience with internet facing applications
- Experience with continuous deployment/delivery practices
- Experience with cloud computing systems
- Experience working with content delivery networks
- Experience working in a regulated environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top