Marquee Engineering - Product Manager
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Goldman Sachs Securities Division is looking for talented and passionate product managers to shape our next generation client facing applications. We are creating new technology driven businesses to bring our products and services to both existing clients and new markets. To do so, we are looking for product managers who can form a vision for a product area, put our users first and work with engineers in creating the new generation of products.As a product manager, you will design services that our clients love and work closely with engineers, sales, traders and more on delivering them. You have a bias towards action and can break complex problems into intuitive, easy-to-use and enjoyable user experiences that drive product development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Understand financial markets, competition and customer needs in depth
- Identify market opportunities and build business cases
- Define product vision and strategy for the Marquee platform and APIs
- Work collaboratively with engineers and cutting edge technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Three years of experience in product management, engineering or design roles
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills
- Background and deep interest in financial markets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top