Marquee Engineering - FrontEnd Developer
Marquee Engineering is a cross-asset team that provides clients with a seamless interface to access our analytics, data, content and execution capabilities, via a browser or an API. We partner with strats, sales and traders in the firm's Securities Division to provide best in class execution workflows, risk and analytical tools and relevant content to best suit our client channels. Our digital offerings, under the unified Marquee brand, directly correlate to market share and profitability. As a front-office engineer on the Marquee Engineering team, you will be at the forefront of shaping our client's experience across asset classes and products. At times you will be asked to step into the trading floor environment and at others you will be called upon to guide the decisions of leadership. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions. Using leading open source technologies, we are scaling to many API calls and millisecond-level response times that power our apps used by clients. We are pursuing engineers across the stack, from those who are confident working with low latency processes through individuals passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces. Our team works on agile principles that are flexible to client requests which have need for us to rapidly prototype and turn around high quality tested code in short time frames.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Exposure to various asset classes our clients transact in
• Connectivity with traders, salespeople, strategists and multiple areas of Technology in a dynamic environment
• Overall, you will be challenged to think strategically, proposing new business design, analytics and/or solutions to meet many of our clients' needs. As you gain expertise in the dynamics of the trading business, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper into your areas of interest.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Professional React/AngularJS development experience
• Solid understanding of the web development process from the layout/user interface to services layer
• Experience creating responsive HTML5 GUI's
• Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top