Marquee - Data/Risk Engineer
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs delivers digital products and services to our institutional clients. We design and build highly-scalable solutions allowing access to Goldman Sachs' content, data, analytics, risk and execution services. These solutions transform client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models. Our strategic initiatives disrupt the status-quo by innovating new businesses that unlock the power of Goldman Sachs for our clients.
Our team of engineers, designers, product managers and salespeople collaborate to drive progress within digital finance. We surround ourselves with big thinkers who thrive on tackling fresh challenges and uniting around a common vision. We move fast, embrace change and welcome fresh perspectives. Help us build the future of finance while positioned at the center of global markets.
As a Data/Risk Engineer you will be expected to deliver Goldman Sachs' research, data and pricing to clients using Marquee's APIs and quant libraries. Determining client requirements will require interaction with clients of Goldman Sachs, in addition to traders, sales people and fellow strategists across all lines of business and cross asset class. Delivering best-in-class solutions will necessitate leveraging your strengths in software engineering and knowledge of valuation and risk management, across all asset classes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design and implement scalable APIs for data and risk calculation, modification and storage
- Expression of market data in various coordinate systems and mappings between them
- Work in a fast-paced environment as a self-starter
- Strive for personal and collaborative excellence in everything you do
- Collaborate efficiently within a diverse global team spanning multiple continents
- Build consensus across teams; think and implement stable and scalable designs to support the Firm's focus on system convergence and externalization
- Client focus: think of APIs as a service and provide internal and external users with outstanding SLAs
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering
- Knowledge about popular design patterns and algorithms
- Excellent programming skills in a major programming language
- Experience designing scalable and reliable systems, with a focus on APIs / modularity
- Efficient and effective communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of financial markets, particularly from a quantitative viewpoint
- Ability to support a trading desk or external clients under significant time pressure
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch / NoSQL databases (certain roles)
- Experience working with large-scale low-latency distributed systems (certain roles)
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications on a Public Cloud Service e.g. AWS (certain roles)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top