Marquee Data Services - Strategist
Marquee Data Services - Strategist
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
As a strategist within Marquee, you will be expected to deliver Goldman Sachs' research, data and pricing to customers, using Marquee's APIs and web-delivered applications. Determining client requirements will require interaction with customers of Goldman Sachs, in addition to traders, sales people and fellow strategists across all lines of business. Delivering best-in-class solutions will necessitate leveraging your strengths in software engineering and knowledge of valuation and risk management, across all asset classes.
You will work in a diverse, energetic team of talented and experienced individuals, drawn from a mixture of financial and technological backgrounds. In addition to implementing solutions to client requirements, you will be a part of identifying new business opportunities and sources of revenue for Marquee products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years in a financial engineering position. This could be, for example, within a bank or within a financial technology company.
- Evidence of ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch / NoSql databases
- Experience working with large-scale low-latency distributed systems
- Knowledge of Index/ETFs, equities and corporate actions
- Marquee represents a new revenue opportunity for Goldman Sachs. Our ability to realise that revenue is dependent on the quality of people we are able to hire.
- The environment in Marquee combines the most interesting of financial and software challenges.
- The nature of Marquee puts it on the cutting edge of the use of new software products, both internal and external.
- The opportunity to grow your career and diversify your skills, surrounded by experts in software engineering, finance and UX design.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top