Marquee - API Product Manager
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
Marquee's product group is among the first in Goldman Sachs' 140+ year history, and our product managers have tremendous responsibility in forming strategic vision for digital products, understanding user needs and behavior, and working with teams across the firm to execute on product plans. Our product managers are entrepreneurially-minded and solve complex business, technical, and design challenges that touch billions of dollars in transaction volume.
As the API product manager you will be responsible for defining and being an evangelist for the external developer experience, and for spearheading initiatives to monetize Goldman Sachs APIs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Define product vision for Marquee API platform and communicate that product vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify API market opportunities and build business case for new features, products, and revenue streams
- Spearhead API standardization efforts across the Goldman Sachs securities division
- Understand Goldman Sachs' strategic developer platform advantages and deliver products that are the best in the financial and technology industries
- Understand financial markets, customer needs, and competitive environment in depth
- Interact with clients to understand their needs and identify new opportunities
- Prioritize potential initiatives by understanding alignment with business strategy and value generated for current and future users
- Launch API products in coordination with senior stakeholders, engineers, designers, marketing, sales, legal, compliance, operations, and support
- Identify, collect, and analyze metrics to measure product success
- BA/BS in a technical field, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of commercial experience working within product management on API or developer portals
- Experience with API evangelism
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Background or interest in financial markets
- Exceptional communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- MBA, MS, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working as a product manager for a digital platform
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
- Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top