Market Data Index License Specialist
MARKET DATA delivers analytics and reference data, both real-time and historical reflecting all major markets and financial instruments to our internal and external clients.
The Market Data Index License Specialist sits within the Market Data Vendor Management team at Goldman Sachs and will be responsible for validating usage rights and commercial terms for all index data approvals as well as negotiating index licence terms with our vendors. At Goldman Sachs, we are at the forefront of driving industry change in digital rights and are building a Digital Rights Management (DRM) platform to revolutionise Data Licensing. The Market Data Index License Specialist will be central to this change. The successful candidate will also have a unique opportunity to work alongside the business, specifically the STS (Systematic Trading Strategy) team who develops, implements and maintains systematic trading strategies. The role will offer exposure to a broad array of products as well as many different aspects of the business from a commercial and licensing perspective. The market data team is based in the Americas, EMEA and Asia, along with vendors and exchanges located across those regions. As the primary representative for Firm, you will be accountable for maintaining the Firm's reputation with our suppliers.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will be directly responsible for a number of high profile Index Vendor relationships for new contract negotiations, renewals and all other vendor oversight activities
- You will have the opportunity to identify cost saving opportunities and build relationships with all divisions in the Firm
- You will be the first point of contact for index license coverage queries, ensure approvals are completed in a timely manner
- You will build strong working relationship with cross assets STS (Systematic Trading Strategy) team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Confident verbal and written communicator, able to influence and communicate with senior stakeholders
- Able to work effectively and prioritise work efficiently both independently and as part of our global team
- 3+ years experience of market data and index licensing
- General understanding of market data licensing terms
- Vendor management, exchange licensing and/or business analysis experience preferred
- Experience of the MDSL MDM inventory system
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top