Market Data Feed and Distribution Engineer (DIO - Market Data) - Market Data Engineering
Market Data delivers analytics and reference data, both real-time and historical reflecting all major markets and financial instruments to our internal and external clients. Engineering and run-time support for Market Data feeds and real-time distribution platform. Liaise with vendors and exchanges to manage mandatory data changes and incidents.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Level 2 and 3 support day to day operation of market mata platform infrastructure (including TREP)
- Plan and execute changes to the environment based on project and business requirements
- Provide consultation for the business and business application development teams on market data solutions that meet their requirements
- Engage with vendors and exchange to execute changes or new implementations
- Engage with global team to establish standard product and service offerings
- Use industry knowledge to proactively inform businesses of the impact upcoming changes to relevant market data products as well as to formulate a plan of action
- Delivery of production solutions that minimize day to day support effort taking into account system instrumentation/monitoring to provide a robust, resilient and efficient operating model
- Knowledge share to rest of team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong understanding of network and OS (Linux/Solaris) fundamentals.
- Significant experience as system admininstration, devops Engineer or equivalent role.
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Scripting / coding SDLC experience (e.g. bash/python/git/svn)
- Strong planning, prioritization, communication skills in the context of a team environment.
- Problem-solving attitude and can work independently and as part of a team.
- Project Management skills
- Dedicated willingness to invest time to learn new technologies and products
- Expert knowledge of market data products from Refinitiv (TREP)
- Experience working on follow-the-sun global team
- Low latency / high frequency trading business knowledge
- Financial markets knowledge
- Experience in large scale distributed applications , e.g. enterprise messaging, cloud computing .
- Understanding of Market Data APIs: e.g. SFC, RFA, UPA, OpenFin
- Experience with other market data platforms, e.g. Vela, Activ Financial, BPipe, ICE/IDX
- Direct e xchange feed experience
- Knowledge of monitoring and instrumentation tools and their implementation e.g. ITRS, Hawk, Corvil, custom
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top