Market Data Feed and Distribution Engineer (DE - Market Data)
Market Data provides a critical input for all trading decisions that take place at Goldman Sachs.
The Market Data team is responsible for the consumption and timely, accurate distribution of all the real-time and historical data provided by global stock exchanges, brokers and data vendors including Bloomberg and Refinitiv/ Reuters.
The plant consists of hundreds of nodes, thousands of application instances, thousands of consumers, with peaks of millions of messages per second.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology.
We look for engineers, with a growth mindset who are driven to automate and improve.
Essential Skills include solid Network and OS (Linux/Solaris) fundamentals, some SDLC experience (e.g. bash, python, git, svn) and the role would be a good fit for someone who feels they would thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design, deploy, troubleshoot, patch and fix software and infrastructure while innovating on core platform design and architecture
• Engage with global team to establish and evolve best practice for operational excellence including availability, scalability, reliability, resiliency and performance.
• Solve problems in order of business value and understand technical and business perfection are often competing goals.
• Engage with vendors, exchanges and internal business on impact and delivery of upcoming change
• Gather and analyse metrics from both infrastructure and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
• Positively contribute to continuous technical development of the team, including technical engineering documentation
• Deliver complex, business critical infrastructure projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experience as DevOps Engineer, SRE, System Admin or equivalent role, with a desire to learn more.
• Strong understanding of Network and OS (Linux/Solaris) fundamentals.
• Scripting / coding SDLC experience (e.g. bash/python/git/svn)
• An understanding of the operational concerns in a demanding environment; ideally, but not necessarily, finance
• Resilient under pressure, have a mind-set of continuous improvement and desire to provide excellent service.
• Proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc.
• Live service monitoring, logging, intelligent alerting, self-healing (network, server and application)
• Maintain live services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Ability to adapt and be open-minded, without skimping on our core values and standards.
• 3 years+ hands on experience running Refinitiv TREP products
• Financial markets/ trading business knowledge
• Experience with large scale/ high frequency/low latency distributed applications, e.g. enterprise- messaging, cloud computing.
• Driven to eliminate toil by designing/adopting better tools and automation techniques
• Knowledge of other market data products eg. Vela, Activ Financial, BPIPE
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top