Market Data Business Analyst (DIO - Market Data) - Market Data Engineering
MARKET DATA delivers analytics and reference data, both real-time and historical reflecting all major markets and financial instruments to our internal and external clients.
The Market Data Business Analyst team at Goldman Sachs are responsible for coordinating with internal business teams on the selection of products and ongoing management of the Firm's market data spend with third party vendors. The team provide guidance to internal users on data services appropriate for specific roles, coordinate expense management initiatives and provide data analytics to enable users to manage costs effectively.
The role provides the opportunity to directly contribute to managing the firms operating costs by building data analytics and automated workflow that help end-users to manage their market data subscriptions effectively. You will be responsible for developing data collection, modelling and visualization analytics that correlate usage with user inventories. The role will provide the opportunity to partner with divisional management and business unit leadership teams to implement expense management initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
• Driving strategic initiatives and deliver key programs of work across Market Data and the broader division
• Your detailed knowledge of market data vendor products and an understanding of the Goldman Sachs business functions will enable you to formulate strategies to reduce operating expenses
• Building data analytics using popular storage and visualization technologies to empower market data users to manage their costs
• Interface with divisional leadership and front office users to implement expense management initiatives
• Continually evaluate the vendor landscape to identify new offerings that may increase value and efficiency for our employees who require access to market data
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2 years minimum experience in Market Data
• Python and SQL programming skills
• Experience of publishing and modeling data with distributed storage platforms such as Hadoop
• Experience with using visualization software (Tableau, Qlikview or equivalent)
• FISD's Financial Information Associate certification
• Proficient use of tier 1 market data vendor desktop software
• General understanding of the capital markets
• Experience of the MDSL MDM inventory system
• Knowledge of data vendor and exchange licensing terms
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top