Liquidity Operations VP - Warsaw
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to apply your relationship management skills while pursuing innovative risk management? The Bank Relations team is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with teams firmwide and external agent bank relationships to help facilitate maximum commercial and operational value for the firm.
Bank Relations (BR) is a global team responsible for managing strategic relationships with the firm's network of agent bank vendors. Whilst maintaining a risk and control mindset, the team's goals are to establish, enhance and maintain these relationships in order to derive the maximum commercial and operational value for the firm. BR works across multiple geographies and asset classes to comply with both internal governance and external regulation to achieve a common standard of service and risk mitigation across its global agent bank network. Whilst maintaining responsibility for fees paid, it is the responsibility of the BR to team to analyse spend and identify commercial or business improvement opportunities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Collaborate and partner with Relationship Managers in each of the three regions to enhance the agent bank experience with Goldman Sachs and ensure we remain best in class.
- Comply with internal risk frameworks and industry regulation (e.g. CASS) to reduce risk and extract maximum value from our global network, connecting with stakeholders to lobby for change.
- Proactively identify anomalies in agent bank trade or fee data to achieve the firm's commercial and strategic goals.
- Provide a pragmatic approach to escalated items and Senior Management briefings
- Draw parallels between agent bank interaction and industry due diligence to recommend solutions and accurate benchmarking
- Partner with divisional and business stakeholders to identify and execute on opportunities to develop optimal operating models, thereby facilitating GS business needs.
- Coordinate the firm's vendor management program for agent bank providers, which will assess vendors' risk management, fee structure, service level, and issue resolution.
- Acting on behalf of Goldman Sachs in external forums (e.g. agent bank meetings, office workshops)
- Single point of contact for agent bank requests underpinning Goldman Sachs business activity and credit support sourcing and collating Goldman Sachs entity and financial information to comply with agent jurisdictional legislation
- Oversight for junior staff in regional office
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to operate independently and effectively drive multiple initiatives
- Detail oriented with the ability to quickly identify and learn pertinent information across wide range of businesses
- Outstanding analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to combine tactical and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of the securities industry/trade life cycles
- Familiarity with industry guidelines and concepts (e.g. KYC)
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Prior managerial experience
- Project management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top