Liquidity Operations Analyst - Warsaw
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Liquidity and Collateral Operations (LCO) is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross product sub division, the primary objectives of the sub division are the optimization of the firm's liquidity and mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios. Liquidity and Collateral Operations is currently 480 staff strong globally, with regional presence in Salt Lake City, Warsaw, New York, London, Bangalore, Singapore, and Tokyo.
The sub division has a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, equity, interest rates, Repo, insurance/pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. LCO manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative and security products, funding projections, cash management, margin risk management, counterparty exposure management and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
An LCO Analyst will primarily be focused on managing operational risk and executing mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the performance of a number of operational processes. Analysts will be expected to perform these functions as well as demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach, highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements.
The role involves close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management and other Operations Departments. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
We promote cross training and ensure our staff develops a broad level of understanding across the varied departmental functions carried out. You can expect to be given early responsibilities and in return you will be expected to contribute your own ideas to make a difference and add value to the group. In addition to their core responsibilities, Analysts are also expected and encouraged to be involved with a number of projects, acting as an agent for change and driving process improvement.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Compiling firm wide liquidity projections
- Performing analysis around collateral management efficiency
- Liaising with internal groups (Credit, Sales, Trading, Middle office, Legal, Front Office, Settlements, and Corporate Treasury) to resolve funding or collateralization issues
- Extensive interaction with Clients
- Collateral Optimization
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and regulatory queries
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the firm's books and records
- Performing a number of control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes
- Completing daily funding of the firm's cash and inventory across multiple European markets
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems and challenge processes; be willing to dig into the detail to resolve issues.
- Some experience of portfolio reconciliations and processing of margin calls would be desirable.
- Confidence to interact with external clients
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day are essential
- Familiarity with/ability to learn Excel macros and other functions
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/ her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top