Linux System Engineer - UNIX Engineering
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Cloud Platforms is a global team that develops and manages the Linux & Windows computing platform at Goldman Sachs.
The cloud engineering team works closely with application developers & strategists to architect and deploy technology solutions at Goldman Sachs. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, is developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform.
The system engineer role is responsible for supporting specific business units' needs and maintaining core infrastructure systems. Specifically, this involves day-to-day responsibilities such as application and service troubleshooting, system configuration, host provisioning, performance testing and tuning, and hardware evaluation. You will also be responsible for writing code to automate tasks and implement infrastructure services. Lastly you delve into new technologies (docker, mesos, salt & more), understanding how each can be introduced to support the continued evolution of the compute platform.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will also be responsible for writing code to automate tasks and implement infrastructure services. Lastly you delve into new technologies (docker, mesos, salt & more), understanding how each can be introduced to support the continued evolution of the compute
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in a Science or Engineering program
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
• Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
• Linux system administration skills
• Experience with a configuration management system, such as CFEngine, Salt, Chef, or Puppet
• Exposure to large-scale server deployments
• Experience with low-latency/high-performance environments
• Experience with high-availability systems
• Experience with internet/perimeter computing environments
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top