MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Directory Services Engineering team within the Identity and Access Management function of Core Engineering is looking for an experienced engineer in the Linux DevOps space. This position will be working with a global team responsible for the architecture, design and development of systems supporting identity and directory services for Goldman Sachs.
These identity and directory services run in a combination of on-premise and off-premise platforms across Linux and Windows platforms within GS. These platforms support wide and varied services that require high availability and performance in a secure environment. This position will help design, engineer, and deploy solutions to help ensure the security, resiliency and operational health of these identity and directory service platforms within Goldman Sachs.
Responsibilities will also include coordinating with various technology infrastructure teams for infrastructure projects, managing systems lifecycle and evaluating existing solutions for optimizations or enhancements. The position will also be engaged in vendor management, industry analysis, product benchmarking and contributing to the technical understanding and promotion of new and existing standards, solutions and tools.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years in management and deployment of highly available platforms in a medium-to-large enterprise environment. They will also have familiarity with defining and measuring Service Level Indicators and Objectives for these platforms. The candidate will also be familiar with identity management and federated identity concepts within medium to large enterprises.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How will you fulfill your potential?
- Work with a global team of highly motivated systems engineers and software developers delivering solutions specializing in a range of technologies with a remit to define and build integrated architectures for secure, scalable infrastructure services serving a diverse set of internal and external use cases
- Collaborate identity and directory services engineers across Goldman Sachs to optimize and enhance the security and runtime operations of different Linux infrastructure within Goldman Sachs
- Engage with directory services consumers to collaborate on efficient and secure integration approaches for their application requirements
- Contribute to the definition, monitoring and escalation of Service Level Objectives (SLO's) using industry-standard tools to monitor and adopt to breaches of the SLO's
- Automate tasks in Linux-based scripting languages to increase efficiency of the team and detect abnormal behavior of the systems
- Bachelor's Degree or similar experience, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics or Communication Systems
- Proficient with Linux Operating System internals
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and testing scripts in Python; willingness to learn and adopt new languages as necessary
- Experience architecting and implementing business continuity plans, recovery strategies and hardening strategies for highly available platforms.
- Implementing controls and monitoring solutions to ensure appropriate security, performance, scalability and monitoring guidelines are achieved for runtime platforms.
- Fundamental understanding of secure application and environment design and management concepts
- The person will need good verbal and written communication skills. They need to show past experience in utilizing various influencing skills and be able to collaborate, communicate and deliver in a global environment
- Ability to present to management, internal client audiences or professional peers, and ability to work independently on problem solving and investigation
- Technical knowledge of LDAP environments in medium to large enterprises
- Protocol-level expertise with LDAP and Kerberos
- Working knowledge of Identity Management, Single Sign On and Federated Identity principles
- Expertise in operating and implementing commercial and / or open source monitoring software
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.