Legal, Urban Investment Group (UIG) Attorney, New York
The primary responsibility will be coverage for the Urban Investment Group (UIG), the primary business unit responsible for satisfying Goldman Sachs’ CRA obligations. UIG deploys the firm’s capital by making investments and loans that benefit urban communities, focusing on affordable housing, neighborhood revitalization and small business growth. The business works closely with other areas of Goldman Sachs in sourcing, evaluating and structuring investment opportunities.
- Advising business on structuring, execution and negotiation of deal documentation, diligence, compliance, regulatory filings and reputational issues
- Instructing/working with/managing external counsel
- Liaising closely with partners regarding legal, regulatory, compliance and reputational issues
- Assisting with regulatory requests, CRA requirements and examinations
- 7+ years’ post qualification experience required in a leading law firm or financial institution
- Real estate transactional experience required
- Securities law knowledge is a plus
- Team player with inherent commercial judgment and the ability to respond and be flexible to client demands, whilst adhering to firm policies and group practices
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top