Legal, Technology, Outsourcing and IP Attorney, Vice President, Dallas
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
Professionals within the Legal Department provide high quality legal advice, transactional and regulatory advice, litigation oversight, and advise on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses complete their transactions and understand, navigate and weigh the risks associated with business related activities. In many cases, our lawyers, along with other professionals, assist the business areas in structuring transactions in order to capitalize on business opportunities while managing risk .
The Legal Department is looking for an attorney with financial services technology expertise and experience, to be part of the Technology, Intellectual Property and Contracts team tasked with advising, counseling, structuring and negotiating technology and intellectual property-related transactions and contracts. This position offers an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across the firm, including in the consumer and investment management and technology divisions as well as with various other business teams globally. This role will also interact closely with colleagues throughout the firm's legal and compliance functions in order to provide legal support in connection with the development of new products, services and partnerships and to provide subject matter expertise on a wide range of services and transactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide general advice and counsel on financial services related technology and intellectual property-related transactions with a focus on consumer and commercial banking; software, data and content licensing; outsourcing implementation transactions; counseling on digital strategy concerns including open source licensing, data security, data use and privacy issues (including CCPA, GDPR, GLBA and cross-border data privacy issues); hosting, cloud computing and software services agreements; internet exchanges and marketplaces; internet advertising and sponsorship agreements
- Assist senior leadership of the legal department in developing, documenting and implementing contractual protections, processes and policies to effect compliance with the evolving legal and regulatory environment related to payments, fair credit reporting act, customer identity management, anti-fraud detection, consumer budgeting and finance, and AI.
- Instruct/work with / manage external counsel and consultants.
- Work closely with business clients and Legal and Compliance colleagues in dealing with and responding to various regulatory questions and inquiries.
- Opportunity to work with subject matter expert lawyers regarding the structuring, negotiation and execution of complex transactions.
- Strong knowledge of technology and intellectual property laws and regulations.
- 5- 7 years' post qualification experience required in a leading law firm or financial institution
- Team player with inherent commercial judgment and strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- High level of initiative, integrity, and organization
- Comfortable engaging with senior executives across a host of disciplines and businesses
- Significant project management skills to manage a host of initiatives related to technology, outsourcing and intellectual property arrangements
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top